Over the past two years you've gotten to know us. You've learned something about our writing styles, our methods, preferences, and quirks. But it's been a delight for us to get to know you too. Many of your names and faces are familiar to us, and we look forward to your comments. Your contributions to the dialogue here are invaluable. But we'd like to know you even better. Those who are writers, we have some questions for you.
- What are your writing habits? Morning, mid-day, night? Do you set a word goal when you sit down to write, or just do what you can for that session?
- What do you write? Fiction, non-fiction, short stories, novels, articles, devotions, etc?
- Do you have a critique partner? A writers' group?
- Have you been to a writers' conference? If so, what was your experience?
- If you're published, share a little how you got there.
- If you're not yet published, what most encourages you to keep going?
- Where do you hope to be in your writing journey a year from now?
And those who are readers, we'd like to know more about you too.
- As a reader of fiction, what's your favorite genre(s)?
- How do you select the books you read?
- Are you in a book club?
- Have you ever thought about writing? If so, what keeps you from starting?
- Do you purchase books, borrow them, share them with others?
- What brings you to NovelMatters?
- What kind of book do you think that is written from a Christian point of view is most likely to have an impact on a nonbeliever?
We look forward to another year of talking about the world of writing -- and really, it is another world. An amazing, exhilarating, angst-filled, rewarding world. If there are topics you'd like us to delve into next year, please share. And thank you for being a part of this community we call Novel Matters.
And if you missed our Novel Tips on Rice recipe book on Friday, scroll down to Friday's post and download it as our gift to you. You'll love it.